Call Today for a Free Consultation 877-412-7409
McCormick Law Office Menu Contact

Work Accident Archives

Traumatic or Occupational Work Accident

For a work accident, what is the difference between a traumatic or occupational workers compensation injury? To receive worker's compensation benefits, an employee must sustain an injury, defined in Wis. Stat. Sec. 102.01(2)(c) as "mental or physical harm to an employee caused by accident or disease ... ." Theoretically, a traumatic injury is a one time acute work-related incident which results in an injury or condition requiring medical treatment and allowing for disability benefits. On the other hand, an occupational injury is a work-related injury or condition that develops over time from job duties or an exposure to conditions at work. However, the lines between the two types of legal causation for a worker's compensation claim can be blurred. For example, a worker may have many, unreported traumatic incidents over time, each of which seriously bothered his low back, but he self-treated or self-limited and kept on working until he could not any longer.

Call 877-412-7409 For Your Free Initial Consultation

Email Us For A Response

Contact Our Law Firm Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

McCormick Law Office

McCormick Law Office
829 North Marshall Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Toll Free: 877-412-7409
Phone: 414-272-3636
Map & Directions